Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Social Tagging

Tagging in Delicious intrigues me. But I have more questions than formed thoughts about it. Could it replace collections of links on library web pages? What happens when the tagged site goes dead? Would our users find the sites easier through Delcious or our web site? Would other people's tags be specific enough for our users? Or for us to find good sites? "Music" just doesn't cut it as a tag in the music library.

I'm in the process of a manual check of our links, so I'm concerned about links to dead sites cluttering up the site. The question of dead links is probably my biggest concern for Delicious.

There's a part of me that would like to transfer our links to something like Delicious. Or duplicate them. Would it be time worth spent?

No comments: