Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Podcasts

I decided to look for the podcasts from Lincoln City Libraries in each of the podcast directories. Podcastalley and the iTunes podcast page brought up the current podcasts from LCL quickly. Podcast.com didn't bring up any podcasts from Lincoln City Libraries and what I found in the Podcast Directory was way out of date.

I subscribed to the Lincoln City Libraries podcasts in both Google Reader (my preferred reader) and Bloglines. The specific podcast that I wanted came up in both. I just happened to be my first podcast book talk and I had been waiting for an excuse to listen to it. What I liked best about Google Reader was that there was a fast forward (or tab) so I could get to my part of the joint venture (the middle of the cast) without listening to the whole thing. In Bloglines, I didn't find that feature, so I just had to listen. FYI, my podcast was #29 in the Casting About series from Lincoln City Libraries. In the future I will need to speak louder and stay closer to the mic, as I kept fading away. (Of course, that's part of my pattern of speech).

No comments: